Thursday, March 29, 2012

Building Blocks

Most people are able to give their kids blocks and then go make dinner or fold laundry. Not the case here, for 2 reasons....

1. Someone has to monitor the stealing, unwanted knocking over, and hitting that goes on with 3 boys.

2. As soon as you turn your focus from them - they use whatever they can to their advantage. For example: if you stack 2 to 3 blocks on top of each other, you've gained a 4-6 inch height/advantage! And they do it so fast!!!!

Although Conner and Colton are proving to not need "helps" anymore. Conner has been climbing on my built in desk in the kitchen for a week now. He simply just upper arm strength pulls himself up!

And yesterday Colton went into the kitchen while the rest of us were in the living room - and just as I thought, a minute has passed I had better go see what is going on... I hear a "mom", "mom", "mom". I go into the kitchen to find him on my island!!!! With no toy helps!!! YIKES! (I watched him do it today. All upper arm pulling up!)

It is NEVER dull here!

1 comment:

Monty and Kristin said...

Betsy--you gotta put those boys in gymnastics! Holy cow! I can't believe they can do that. That's crazy! Good luck with your 5 little monkeys!!;)