Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ever buy something that you later can't find at home?

About 2 months ago I bought some sausage (keilbasa type) and had it in the fridge... and twice went to get it to make some jumbalaya and couldn't find it. I chalked it up to the "pregnancy brain" and just thought that maybe I thought I bought it but really hadn't.

Well, I was laying in our front room on the loveseat the other day (my favorite place... it perfectly rests my ginormous belly) and thought "this cushion is sticking out kinda" and so I reached back and felt something strange. And when I pulled it out, I finally realized I wasn't losing my mind! It was the sausage, perfectly stashed under & between the cushions... and guess who the culprit was... Annie!

She still knows how to open the fridge door and apparently was up to her old tricks in stashing things. (The loveseat is her favorite place for bones!) The kids thought it was pretty funny too!

3 comments:

Casey said...

Love that. I'm surprised it didn't stink up your couch. That reminds me of when we lived in AZ. I had bought a few cantalope. A few days later I couldn't figure out where one of them had gone. It was summertime so nice and hot outside. A few more days and I noticed the car started smelling kinda funny not really bad, just funny. I opened up the back and under the seat was that cantalope. We decided to go ahead and eat it since it wasn't bad and it turned out to be the best tasting cantalope I've ever had. It must have really ripened up in the hot car.

alyssa said...

That's hilarious! Who would have thought the DOG would do it?

Hillary Richards said...

Annie is to smart for your own good!