Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Cattle Drive

So last week I took the kids to watch our local "Cattle Drive" that kicked off the Mid-State Fair! They loved it! First I took them by the staging area where everyone was getting ready and the steer were "caged"... in the GMC truck lot, no less! I watched a young steer look at itself in the tailgate of one of the trucks, then got spooked and "bumbed" it with his horn. Only in Paso!

We met up with some of our friends and watched the drive... we were in no real danger as there were more horses than steer... and they were pretty well kept together! Carolyn loved the stage coach that carried the princesses!

I guess this is my way of making up to my kids that we don't live on a farm/ranch... though Cir could pass as a small horse at times!

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

How fun! I have never been to a cattle drive before.